Sunday, March 01, 2009

Surprisingly fit

stats of week 9: run 44K, cycled 450K (4800 hm)

I regard the recent week on Lanzarote my toughest week of training ever. The island is really perfect for race biking with good roads, few traffic, and hills that are just high enough to be a challenge while beeing not too steep. We did daily rides between 67 and 120 K with average height meters of more than 1,000. I was surprised that I was able to keep up with F. who usually is a tough biker but I am not sure if the reason was my strength or his weakness. Anyway, it was a great and successful week! I will come up with photos shortly.


The upcoming target now is to do some longer runs to build up endurance for London. Next highlight is my taking part in the famous Hastings Half Marathon which is one of my dreams since very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home