Sunday, February 01, 2009

Scheduled Reluctance - 12 weeks to go

stats of week 13: run 30K, cycled 5 hrs, gym 2 sessions
(week no. counting down to London Marathon on 26/04/2009)

Reluctantly I have now set up a rough training schedule for my final 12 weeks up to the London Marathon. I have to admit I am still dreaming of 3:30 marathon. The planned mileage does not fit to this target. It can only work with cycling and weight training added and it is not suitable for anyone new to running. Usually one would recommend to do around 70-80K per week and at least 5-6 long runs to be able to run a 3:30 marathon.


On Monday I was out for the first ride on my new hardtail mountain bike. I was really crazy about it and inaugurated it by a fabulous overturn! Luckily I didn't break my arm again... Once more I was reminded of my former motto not to do any cycling before the London Marathon... Nevertheless I will go to Lanzarote for a week of cycling end of February (week 9).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home