Sunday, March 08, 2009

7 weeks to go

stats of week 8: run 62K, 2 gym workouts

It was high time to do my first proper longish run. On Wednesday I completed 26K thereof the final 10K at increased speed. Everything was fine but I ended up so tired that I had to cancel the indoor cycling course on Thursday. However, once again the week's mileage was higher than scheduled. So far I would call my spring training the best I have had since 2004.

I feel very sorry for Paula Radcliffe who is once again out of the race. I was looking forward to seeing her competing with Irina Mikitenko. The crowds will be less big now. I reckon it was Paula's last chance to run the ordinary London Marathon. Next year she plans to have another baby year, and then she'll have to build up for the Olympics London 2012.


Now it's a week of short tapering for the Hastings Half Marathon on Sunday, March 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home