Sunday, May 06, 2007

New Countdown starting

training stats
Su 06/05: biking, 54K, 2:30 hrs
Sa 05/05: race, 5K, 21min, +3K warm up, easy biking, 36K, 1:40 hrs
Fr 04/05: flat run, 8.5K, 45min

During recent days I felt happy that my recovering arm was finally free of pain. Then I realised that I had taken Diclofenac pills to overcome the after marathon knee pain ...

The result of my Saturday 5K-race was really disappointing. I had to fight for being able to breath sufficiently right from the start - obviously caused by the flu I suffered from during the week. I still hope there are better times to come ...

Tomorrow I will be off for a 5-day-bike-holiday in mid Germany. I'll be there with a group of former colleagues - all of us early retired with me being still the youngest one - like it was in our department during our joint worklife. All of these guys are deeply conservative which is not really the sort of company I am looking for. Might be it is good to stay open minded ... but I guess the discussions will get aching sometimes. Even more as I am that sort of men who hold back with their own feelings.

Our hotel provides free broadband access - so watch this space to stay updated. After weeks of brilliant sunshine our bike week is forecasted to be one of constant rain. Well planned!

Ups - the new countdown aims at the Stockholm Marathon which I have entered - 34 days to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home