Thursday, November 16, 2006

Business as usual

stats
thu 11/16/2006: hilly run, 13K, 200m, 1:08 hrs
tue 11/14/2006: flat run, 13.5K, 1:15 hrs
mon 11/13/2006: gym 2 hrs + sauna

sun 11/12/2006: easy jog, 8.5K, 0:52 hrs

After a late season packed with major highlights I am now back to normal and glad that my legs don't moan. I treated them to a whole week of full rest after the NYC marathon and came back cauteously.

Today I regretted that I didn't take the camera with me as it was such a beautiful sunny and warm autumn day. It was a real pleasure to move through the coloured local woods and enjoy the sun.

Already feeling enterprising again I entered 4 local races to be done until the end of the year. All of them are distances between 9K and 15K. In previous years I always trained hard to look good in these events cos many local contenders take part. Most years I had to pay the price later on when I failed to get fit for the following London Marathon. Therefore I committed myself to take it easy this time. But I have to admit I start feeling tingly again ...


By the way: For a final view back you might like to see my NYC marathon race report.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

Sponsorship of your excellent cause doesn't mean that I am no longer jealous!!!

Sabine

5:08 pm  
Blogger Uli said...

To worsen all this I have formally to notify you about the fact that B has booked London 2007.

A bit I am feeling like being scratched by Mr Cat. Anyway, to be honest, nice try to let me feel flattered ;-) It worked.

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home