Sunday, October 05, 2008

4 weeks to go

stats of the week: run 48K, bike 56K, gym 2 sessions

New York Road Runners have revised the start's organisation. Now there are 3 waves of 13,000 runners each, which are released every 20 minutes from 9.40am onwards. I am happy to see that I will be in the first wave so I won't have to wait as long as in recent years. And moreover I will be able to experience the start festivities like singing the hymn and playing Frank Sinatra. I doubt they will repeat this with every wave.








And I am happy that I could complete my first proper long run today. It was just the first step building up to New York but it could have come worse. The next test is pending for Saturday when I plan to run the local half marathon on a partly tough course with two or three ascents.

1 Comments:

Blogger admin said...

have fun in witten! meine Sehne + Herbsterkältung stellen mich derzeit kalt.
.."Ich war noch niemals in New York, ich war noch niemals auf Hawaii...!"

8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home