Sunday, June 03, 2007

Speedy Tapering

training stats

week's total: run 47K, bike 33K, gym 1.5 hrs

su 03/06: hilly run, 16K, 1:27 hrs
sa 02/06: rest
fr 01/06: fast run, 10K, 0:50 hrs
th 31/05: hilly run, 11K, 1:00 hrs
we 30/05: hilly bike, 32K, 1:25 hrs
tu 29/05: easy jog, 10K, 1:04 hrs, gym 1.5 hrs
mo 28/05: rest

It was a week of decreasing mileage, but increasing speed. I am not really sure if this kind of training was adequate. Maybe the speedy and very hilly run today was a bit too much of strain. I will have to concentrate on getting totally relaxed until Saturday's Stockholm Marathon.

To reach my target (3:39) it will have to be a day of perfect conditions. Which means low temperature on race day but also a relaxed mental attitude. Two things one cannot control at will.

Yesterday I watched a cityrun at Herdecke on the Ruhr and took more than 800 photos which I published on my website. However, the most appalling moment happened when a runner collapsed just 20 meters in front of the finish line and 3 meters in front of me. I just managed to catch him before falling backwards onto the cobbled street. Usually I take reported fatalities fairly easy as I am aware that people have fatalities somewhere every second in every kind of circumstances. But I have to admit it is a very different thing when such a thing happens under your eyes. I still have the experience very present inside me. - The runner was brought to the local hospital, he had regained consciousness so I think he is okay. I checked the local newspaper but nothing was mentioned.

To come to different thoughts have a look at the photos I like most: Youngest athletes before the children's race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home