Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rushing with the Stags

training stats

Th 21/06: rest
We 20/06: fast hilly run, 16K, 1:22 hrs
Tu 19/06: slow jog, 8K, 0:51 hrs
Mo 18/06: gym 1.5 hrs


I had not joined the Wednesday running group since last summer. I call these guys the "rapid stags group".

We had to discuss and plan our trip to the
Zugspitzlauf, the hill run up to the top of Germany's highest mountain. Therefore I joined the stags and tried to stay with them as long as my legs allowed. I made it to half way, and after 10K I still clocked 48min what is competitive level speed for me.

Reasonably I preferred to relax today feeling that my muscles are asking for rest.

The Zugspitze peaks at 2,968m (around 9,700 feet). The run starts in the Austrian village of Ehrwald at 900m, the distance is 16K and overall height difference to the finish is 2,100m. Last year it took me 3:04 hrs - with 26 min needed for the final kilometer. I still dream to make it inside 3 hours. But I will have to be superfit to achieve this aim. Finally I am one year older than last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home