Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Desaster

Training stats
Su 01/07: easy jog, 6.5K, 39 min

I really looked forward to running in nature for the first time in 3 weeks this morning but it all ended in a sort of desaster. It was only after a couple of hundred yards that the bloody knee started to hurt. I stopped and did some stretching which helped for a while. With a second stop I managed to complete a mere 6.5K of running more or less.

The day's result was that the knee still claimed to be part of my body and hurt all day! OK, I am old enough to know that there are more important and sometimes more satisfying activities than running. But moving through the woods was still the job most easily available to me as one can do it on their own when ever needed. Oh gals, I miss it.


I wore this kind of bandage but it didn't help.

Will phone the doctor tomorrow to ask for a series of injections to feed the patella's cartilage. But even this will take some time to recover and get back to the roads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home